What are fad diets? The definition can be very subjective. Many people use this term to describe what they consider as poor weight loss diet. However, fad diets are simply weight loss diets that become very popular very fast and then may fall out of favor (sometimes just as quickly).
Fad diets often lead to momentary success but long-term disappointment and discouragement. Plus they can rob you of your hard earned money. If you want to get off of the dieting roller coaster, one of the first steps is to leave fad diets behind and choose a weight loss plan that will produce long-term results.
Some fad diets can be dangerous because of their very low-calorie levels and the poor nutrition they promote.
Potentially Risky Fad Diets
- 3 Day Diet – There are many variations of 3-day diet. This diet is popular due to the promise of instant success. There is never any long-term success with such a diet and the low-calorie levels can be dangerous.
- Cabbage Soup Diet – This diet is not sustainable but continues to fall in and out favor. It promotes nutritional deficiencies by only eating soup for 7 days.
- Unofficial Mayo Clinic Diet – This diet is not associated with the real Mayo Clinic Plan, and is very low in calories.
- HCG Diet – This diet was very popular in 2009 and scams selling fake HCG drops were everywhere. There’s little evidence that it even works.
- Hollywood diet – Low in calories and involves drinking a “miracle juice”.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Diet – This diet promotes using unfiltered ACV to lose weight but too much can be harmful.
- Sacred Heart Diet – Very low in calories and revolves around soup recipes.
- Beverly Hills Diet – This diet supposedly reveals rich celebrity diet secrets. It’s recognized by the American Medical Association as dangerous.
- Grapefruit Diet – This diet promotes the grapefruit’s fat burning properties, but grapefruit can interact with a lot of medication, so beware.
- Tapeworm Diet – Ingesting tapeworms in order to lose weight is not only a radical method but also an extremely dangerous one.
How to pick a healthy diet?
If the diet sounds too good to be true – avoid it. There is no magic potion, exercise, or method. Losing weight is hard work and involves changing your lifestyle, not just eating a magic food or drinking a “miracle” juice.
- Choose a diet that comes with a long history of real success stories.
- Pick a plan that promotes a healthy well-balanced diet, rich in fresh fruits and vegetables and calorie level shouldn’t be under 1200 calories.
- The diet will focus on food, exercise, and support, not just one of those factors and emphasizes long-term results as opposed to fast success.
- Paleo Diet-Eat Like Jolie,Aniston,Cyrus…
- DASH – Best Diet in USA
- Mediterranean Diet for Improved Sexual Health