Horseradish is natural cleanser of the body. Among the numerous spicy herbs, horseradish holds a special place. However, in our diet this plant is not sufficiently represented, though it gives a special flavor to meat dishes.
The role of this root vegetable in the diet is to irritate the mucous membrane and to correct the general situation in the body. Besides beneficial effect on the digestive system, the consumption is beneficial for the gum and ingredients of the root prevent the proliferation of bacteria.
The root contains carbohydrates, protein, fat and enviable amount of vitamin C, glycoside, glutamine, glucose, potassium, essential oils and sinigrin.
- Lettuce with a mixture of yogurt and sour cream add grated horseradish and ground cumin
- Big grated celery root in sour cream with grated horseradish and parsley
- Grated horseradish can be put in the potato salad
For ease of breathing
– Against sinusitis: Put grated root in heated hotplate, lean above the stove covered with a towel and inhale the vapor five to ten minutes. It is best to do this before bedtime. After several days sinuses begin to clean.
– Tea against lung diseases: Put two deciliters boiling water over ten grams of grated root and leave for a few minutes. Two to three times a day, drink a small cup of tea.
– Asthma: Simmer on low heat a cup of apple cider vinegar and four tablespoons of grated horseradish. When is softened, drain it and add the remaining liquid into the same amount of honey. Cook the mixture over low heat until it thickens, then add the previously boiled mixture and leave to cool. Drink it in morning and evening.