I want to tell you a secret reserved for lovers of natural products that recently a dear friend told me about …Yes! I am referring to gelatin. I want to teach you how to prepare a mask of gelatin for shiny and strong hair.
But before I start let me tell you why is gelatin so recommended as a treatment for hair. It appears that gelatin has keratin, a protein rich in sulfur which helps rebuild skin tissue, hair and nails.
The gel adheres to damaged hair, nourishing completely the hair shaft. Moreover it strengthens, increases its brightness and helps soften it.
What will we need?
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon powdered gelatin
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
- 2 tablespoons rosemary and nettle infusion (optional)
- 1 wooden spoon
- Cotton swab or brush
- One plastic bag
I recommend you add each of the ingredients of this mask even the optional ones because, remember, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil, rosemary and nettle infusions will give extra shine to your hair.
- Place water in a container and heat it.
- When the water is heated, slowly add gelatin and stir with a spoon. Remember that water should not be boiling, it should just be hot enough. Continue stirring to avoid lumps.
- Add apple cider vinegar with honey and continue mixing.
- Finally add coconut oil, infusion of nettle and rosemary and turn off the heat.
- Apply to your clean, damp hair.
- Take the brush or cotton swab and apply on your hair. First apply on the ends and let stand for 10 minutes. Then (unwashed yet) apply to the scalp.
- Take the plastic bag and wrap your head with it so that the heat of the bag can help in treatment effectiveness. Leave on for 30 minutes. Then rinse with warm water only.
You can repeat this treatment up to 2 times a week.