The name receding gums by itself says that it occurs when the gum tissue around the teeth withdraws and the gums seem to recede backwards opening a larger area of the tooth surface more visible. When the gums recede that gives rise to gaps between the teeth and gum line. This makes it easy for bacteria to build up and survive there. If you do not contain receding gums, even the root of teeth may become exposed and thereafter cause pain making your teeth extremely sensitive. Furthermore, due to the damage caused to the supporting tissue and bone structures of your teeth, you may eventually lose teeth.
Symptoms of Receding Gums
Since the gum recession is very general dental problem, lots of the people suffering from it doesn’t seem to notice it timely because the process is very slow and it occurs gradually. However, if your tooth has become sensitive, you should check your receding gums because those are the very first signs of receding gums. When you feel your tooth or teeth appear to be larger than earlier, immediately start treating your tooth. You can list the symptoms of receding gums as follows:
– Tooth sensitivity
– Tooth appearing larger than usual
– Pain or tooth ache
Natural Home Remedies are right things for treating your Receding Gums
Here are certain remedies that use simple natural row or extracted products as oils, herbs and species for treating and reversing your receding gums.
Green tea could have a general use for healthy life and, for sure, you may include it in treating of receding gums. The fact is that green tea has a lot of antioxidants that keep away many diseases by combating free radicals. Free radicals in your mouth can cause periodontal disease that may lead to receding gums. Green tea has catechins, an antioxidant that helps treating even the existing periodontal disease. These catechins in your green tea will strengthen the bond between your gums and teeth. The anti-inflammatory properties of green tea will reduce the swelling of gums that obstruct the proper healing of your gums and oral diseases.
– Make a cup of refreshing green tea for yourself in the morning.
– Have one cup of such green tea daily in the morning.
Another natural anti-inflammatory agent is the herb aloe vera. Aloe vera is famous beneficial herbal remedy for most of the skin problems. This is due to its anti-inflammatory as well as cell repairing capabilities. When it comes to receding gums, aloe vera not only reduces the inflammation of gums but also activates the cells that are important for repair of tissues. Aloe vera also has anti-bacterial properties that help keep the infections away from your mouth.
– Use two ways: implement aloe vera gel for receding gums or aloe vera gel as a mouthwash.
– Every morning and in the evening, when you have brushed and flossed, take some aloe vera gel on your toothbrush and brush your teeth and gums once again. Wash mouth properly after finishing off after 3-5 minutes.
– Alternatively, use aloe vera gel as a mouthwash. After you brush in the morning, add some water to the aloe vera gel and mix it until it gets a consistency that’s easy to swirl around in your mouth. Wash your mouth with this aloe vera mouthwash. Do this every time you brush during the day.
Massage with Sesame Oil
Massage with Sesame oil is one of the most effective traditional treatments for various oral diseases. Especially famous for healing cavities, oil massage can even prevent and reverse receding gums. The anti-inflammatory and many other properties of sesame oil help remove toxic elements from your mouth along with reducing plaque buildup. As mentioned earlier too, plaque buildup may contribute to receding gums in a major way. Sesame oil provides a protective coating over your teeth that prevent plaque from building there. Ayurveda recommends oil pulling not only for curing many oral diseases but also for better absorption of nutrients in your body.
– Warm the sesame oil a little. Never make it hot, just warm it a little.
– After brushing your teeth, take the sesame oil into your mouth.
– Swirl and swish this oil all around your mouth for several minutes.
– Initially you may do oil pulling for half to one minute and keep on increasing the time as you get used to it.
– Try to reach a point where you are able to pull oil for about 15-20 minutes at a time.
Massage with Coconut Oil
Coconut oil with its excellent antimicrobial properties makes you rest assured that it will immensely help you in preventing and treating any infection that is present in your mouth. You should know that bacterial and other oral infections too cause gum recession, coconut oil can be a good remedy to combat it. Not only does it prevent tooth decay and heal cavity, coconut oil massaging is capable of treating almost all the gum issues including receding gums.
– Everyday: after brushing your teeth, use some coconut oil as mouthwash.
– Take coconut oil in your mouth and swirl and swish it around your mouth.
– Do this initially for 1-2 minutes and keep on increasing the time as you get used to oil massage.
– For treating all your oral diseases and keep your mouth protected from any future disease, keep coconut oil in your mouth for about 15-20 minutes daily.
– This may also reverse your receding gums.