After learning the health benefits of this amazing fruit called quenepa, you will definitely want it to be in your kitchen. It is popularly known as Spanish lime, and it is extremely effective in treating insomnia and boosting the function of the brain.
Quenepa originates from the north of South America, but it also grown in the Caribbean and Central America. It has a delicate, jelly-like flesh, soft, leathery texture, and a hard shell, and people usually combine it with some chilly, lime, and a pinch of salt, as it has a sweet and sour taste.
According to experts, it is a combination of lime and lychee.
Actually, it’s popularity in the United States is due to its similarity to limes, but it yellow or orange. It is colorful fruit with a pulp which encloses the seeds.
This miraculous fruit is high in numerous nutrients, such as:
- Amino acids;
- Vitamin C;
- Vitamins B1, B3, B6 and B12;
- Unsaturated fatty acids (oleic and linoleic);
Due to its high amounts of fiber, this fruit is effective in preventing high cholesterol levels and chronic constipation.
Additionally, it is rich in vitamin A, which prevents the formation of urinary tract stones, and strengthens the immune system. It is rich in phosphorus, which balances the hormones, helps digestion, heals asthma issues, and lowers blood pressure.
It is also high in minerals such as calcium, which strengthens the teeth and bones, and numerous antioxidants which prevent free radical damage and cancer.
Experts claim that quenepa contains a phenolic compound which strengthens the immune system and prevents heart diseases.
This is only a small part of its innumerate medicinal uses, so many people believe it to be one of the healthiest fruits on the planet.
- Eliminates parasites;
- Prevents bronchitis and the flu;
- Strengthens the immune system and prevents bacterial buildup in the body;
- Treats and prevents kidney problems;
- Stimulates red blood cell production, preventing anemia;
- Improves the reproductive system’s function;
- Soothes gum infections;
- Prevents and treats urinary and lung infections;
- Reduces high cholesterol and triglyceride levels;
- Treats skin issues;
- Treats constipation;
Also, in the case of diarrhea, mix a few roasted quenepa seeds with honey and you will quickly solve the problem.
Due to the high content of important nutrients, this fruit is extremely beneficial for the overall health. Therefore, do not wait and incorporate it into your regular diet as soon as possible!
- Have You Tried Jackfruit?
- Pear – Delicious, Juicy and Healthy Fruit
- Four Fruit Diets For Quick Weight Loss