If you believe there is no need to clean organic fruits and vegetables like the conventionally grown ones, as they are not covered with pesticides or chemicals, you might make a big mistake.
Namely, even though they are not grown as the conventional vegetables and fruits, they may contain other things on the surface. They can be cultivated with natural fertilizers and soil enhancers, including worm castings, manure, and bone meal.
Therefore, it would be highly useful to make your own, natural scrub for your fruits and vegetables, using baking soda.
It is a natural element, bicarbonate of soda, often found in a mineral form dissolved in mineral springs. Baking soda is affordable and can be easily found. What is best about it is that it is a biopesticide, so it prevents the growth of certain bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
You should add a teaspoon of it in some water in order to get a pasty mixture, which will effectively clean your vegetables and fruits.
The preparation is quick and simple:
- Just add a few tablespoons of baking soda in 1-2 cups of water, and stir well.
- Then, pour the mixture into a spray bottle, or into a mixing bowl. With a scrub brush, clean your products.
- Remember to rinse them with water afterward, in order to wash away any residues of baking soda.
- With Baking Soda to More Beautiful Face
- Fruit Infused Waters
- Easy Watermelon Diet For a Perfect Body