Slow Cooker offers a unique opportunity to cook traditional dishes the same the way it was done for centuries. Let’s see what makes it so exceptional? In it, you can prepare a variety of dishes and desserts. Slow Cooker is indispensable for employees, young married couples, singles, students and others who have little time to monitor cooking and are great chefs and enjoy the healthy and delicious homemade food.
Put the prepared food in the Slow Cooker, turn it on and then you are free to go to take care of your business. Do not worry because you have few hours, depending on the recipe and position of the switch, cooked dish will wait for you. Relax, serve it and enjoy every bite of wonderful cooked healthy local food.
For successful cooking you only need to put the prepared food in Slow Cooker’s ceramic dish, turn on the desired mode of cooking and that’s all. You do not need stove or pot. During cooking it is not necessary to mix or monitor the food; actually you do not have to worry about food from burning, boiling over etc.
During the cooking there is no strong evaporation, water is retained as well as all nutrients of food. Therefore, the Slow Cooker is ideal for cooking many dietary cooked meals.
Some tips for using a slow cooker (one of the best brands is Crock-Pot Programmable Cook, 6-Quart)
- If you’re short on time in the morning, prepare everything you need for your slow-cooked meal the night before, put it into the slow-cooker dish, cover and store in the fridge overnight. If you need to heat your dish beforehand, then put the ingredients in a different container and transfer them in the morning.
- Slow cookers are great for cooking cheaper cuts like beef , pork shoulder, lamb shoulder and chicken thighs. You can also use less meat for slow-cooking and add some more vegetables instead.
- You don’t need to add oil to a slow cooker, the contents won’t catch as long as there’s enough moisture in there. You don’t need a lot of fat on your meat either. Normally when you fry meat, a lot of the fat drains away, this won’t happen in a slow cooker so trim it off, otherwise you might find you have pools of oil in your stew. This will give you a healthier result and it’ll still be tasty.
- Because your slow cooker has tightly sealed lid, the liquid won’t evaporate so if you’re adapting a standard recipe, it’s best to reduce the liquid by roughly 30%. Liquid should just cover the meat and vegetables.
- Use the ‘Low’ setting as much as you can, most dishes really benefit from a slow, gentle heat to really bring out the flavors. This also means you won’t need to worry if you’re heading out for the day, it’ll take care of itself.
- Slow cookers are designed to do their own thing so you don’t need to keep checking the contents. Every time you take the lid off it will release some of the heat, so if you keep doing this you’ll have to increase the cooking time.
How long should I cook it for?
- If a dish usually takes: 1 – 2 hours, cook it for 3 – 4 hours on High or 6 – 8 hours on Low.
Some things you can cook in a slow cooker
Pears Poached In Chocolate
Jaffa Pudding in Slow Cooker
Onion Chutney Recipe – Tangy and Spicy
Rich Paprika Seafood Bowl
Lamb Pilaf in Slow Cooker
Baked Beans in Slow Cooker
Easy Veggie Recipe: Mushrooms with Ricotta
Chicken and Red Wine Casserole