The food we consume has a huge impact on our overall health, so we need to extra cautious about what we eat. We should make healthier food choices, avoid foods rich in chemicals, as well as too much sugar, cholesterol, or fat.
Plastic rice problem in Nigeria In December 2016, the “plastic rice” saga spread across Nigeria. It happened after the Nigeria Customs Service intercepted 2.5 tons of Chinese plastic rice. It was branded as “Beat Tomato Rice’’ without any manufacture date.
According to several reports from Nigerian officials, some China manufacturers produced fake rice and mixed it with plastic for delivering to African countries counting Nigeria. After it, Nigerians have immediately raised the alarm of possible flooding of the county market with the artificial rice.
To ensure that you do not become a victim of the harmful product, there are some reliable ways of how to identify plastic rice. According to Emmie Shield, the expert in rice, the plastic rice always stays hard after cooking. Therefore, it can lead to severe health problems.
This fake rice is being made of potatoes, sweet potatoes, and a synthetic resin, or plastic. The mixture of these ingredients forms grains which are similar to rice.
Therefore, you need to know how to recognize it, and the following tips will help you:
- Boiling test. When you are boiling the rice, observe it carefully. If it begins to form a thick layer at the top of your saucepan, then it is a straight sign of plastic rice.
- Water test. Take a glass of cold water and pour a tablespoon of raw rice in it. Then mix it thoroughly. You will immediately know that you have an ordinary rice if it falls on the bottom. At the same time, plastic rice will stay on the top.
- Pound test. Pound a few grains of your rice with the help of a pestle and mortar. Then look at the color of the powder. If it has a white color, then you deal with an ordinary rice. If the color is yellow, then it is a fake rice.
- Fire test. Take a bit of rice and burn it with a lighter. Fake rice will always smell like burnt plastic.
- Hot oil test. Boil some oil and drop some rice into it. Plastic rice will always stick at the bottom of the saucepan.
- Mold test. Boil a handful of rice. Put it for two or three days in a warm place. If there is no mold during that time, your rice is definitely fake. The reason is very simple: neither temperature nor weather affects the plastic.
The following video will give you the opportunity to see the results of these tests in action:
- Rice Detox Diet
- For $8,000, This Startup Can Pump You Full Of Young Blood In Hopes Of Finding A Fountain Of Youth
- 6 Tips From Harvard Psychologists Who Studied What It Takes To Raise ’Good’ Kids
- This Remedy Flushes Harmful Toxins And Waste From Your Colon
- Natural Treatment For Magnesium Deficiency